My Earliest Memory

In another blog entry, I mentioned my earliest memory being somewhere around age 2.  I had to go look it up.  It wasn’t too difficult because it was an Apollo moon launch, or at least it was a Saturn V rocket.  The last launch of a Saturn V that was going to the moon was Apollo 17 on December 7, 1972 but that was a night launch at about midnight and I remember the scene being in the daylight.  The previous daytime launch was Apollo 16 on April 16, 1972 so to my best recollection this was it.  I have memories of other people watching it on TV talking about it being a moon landing, so I would think this would be it.  No matter how accurate it all is, my earliest memory is of watching a television broadcast of a Saturn V rocket launch. 

What is the earliest/first thing you can remember?

Oh, and Be The Sloan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using the pool

It can be hard to find time to Be The Sloan